Monday, April 7, 2014

Inspired Projects

Let me start off by saying that I have always loved cuff bracelets. I think they are functional and beautiful. And while I have always wanted to make one by hand, I was never exactly sure where to start.

As an artist, I am always on the look out for inspiration. I am always looking for ways to improve my techniques, and to add new techniques to my toolbox. This year I decided to subscribe to a trade magazine, to see if it sparked any new creative juices in me, since I have had a rather uninspired winter thus far.

Here is the cover of that first issue.
Right on the front, it advertises "Make this 3 Stone Cuff".  This was the front page of that article.

After reviewing the instructions on creating the cuff bracelet, I was inspired to give it a try. Using an amazonite stone that I cut several years ago, I set off to create a single stone cuff. Here is the result of the inspiration I found from reading this magazine.

So it looks like I did find some inspiration after all. And I enjoyed making the cuff so much, I may create more in the future.

Enjoy your day.
April

1 comment:

  1. April, the bracelet is lovely. I'm watching you "flourish and thrive" and wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and questions are welcome. Spammers will be deleted and banned from this site.