Friday, December 21, 2012

Can't hardly wait......

When I get a new design idea, I feel like my four year old at Christmas. I can't wait to get started. I want to design, I want to create.

So back in November, a co-worker asked me to design a gemstone necklace for his daughter. But there was a catch; the necklace had to be completely free of metal. That's right, no metal anywhere on the necklace.

To complicate the design, he did not want a cord and pendant necklace. Nor did he want a super long necklace that could slip over he head. He wanted a standard 18 inch necklace with a clasp to take it on or off. I searched the Internet and found a clasp that would work. Then I studied other beading techniques, until I came up with a working design. It took a few more days for me to get the length just right, but eventually I got the design done.

My mother got super excited when she heard about the necklace, as she is also allergic to most metals. So this got me excited about designing some more necklaces for Eluna Jewelry.

So now I am wanting to create. But my hold up is that our big bead show is only a couple of weeks away. I am so trying to curb my impatience until I can go to the bead show, as I know that I will be able to get a great deal on the beads there.

So now I feel like my four year old. Excited, wanting to play. But holding back because I am expecting to get something better by waiting. But it is still so hard :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and questions are welcome. Spammers will be deleted and banned from this site.