Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pity Party Epiphany

So one of my goals last year for my business was to get my work into a couple of stores. I would love to have a few consignments or wholesale deals.

We all would love to see our work being sold for us. In other peoples stores, getting our names out there, being recognized, and of course the extra finances that would bring. As last year came and went I found myself a bit disappointed that I had not reached that goal.

I was in the middle of a pity party over this the other day, when I remembered a quote for the old TV show Charmed (I watched a lot of this when I was at home on maternity leave in 2008.) One of the leprechauns told Rose McGowen’s character Paige that “You can make your own luck.” I realized that I had done NOTHING to make my own luck in that area.

I have not created any publication to show off my work. I have not visited any stores to have my work seen. I have pretty much sat on my butt and expected the stores to “find” me and offer me a contract. Being realistic I know…..THAT AIN”T GONNA HAPPEN.

So here are the things I need to do to make that goal a reality.

I need to create a wholesale price list and brochure.

I need to find a couple of stores that sell handmade arts and visit them to see if my work would fit.

I need to get over the fear and just do it.

We can’t be seen, if we do not bother to get out of the house! To make my own luck I need to create opportunities for luck to find me!

1 comment:

  1. You're right - we do make our own luck! You're jewelry is so pretty you are sure to find a store to snap you up! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and questions are welcome. Spammers will be deleted and banned from this site.