Monday, July 9, 2012

A Brand New Necklace

A few weeks ago, I got a bee in my bonnet and wanted to try fibracting a new necklace from silver sheet metal.

So I order the supplies I would need, silver sheet metal and find silver bezel wire. By that time I had come across a stunning opal, since I have not been trained to cut opals yet, I snapped this one up!


Saturday I finally got started creating this beautiful necklace. I solder the bezel to fit the stone, then soldered the silver sheet backing for the stone. Once that was finished and the setting was cleaned up, I cut the excess backing off of my setting.

Then I created some accent pieces to add to my setting and soldered those on. Below you will see the setting prior to finishing and polish.


I sanded, polished, hardened and finished the setting and then added the stone.  Once the stone was added, I had to decide whether I wanted to add pearls or not. This was part of the original design in my head. But since I could not decide, I asked my friends. They overwhelmingly said no to the pearls.  So I went ahead and finished this opal necklace. I even signed the back of it!


Here is the final result!


Tell me what you think of this new piece of art by leaving a comment below! :)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and questions are welcome. Spammers will be deleted and banned from this site.