Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Snakeskin Turquoise Earrings made with Sterling Silver by ElunaJewelry

68.00 USD

I created these silver snakeskin and turquoise earrings on a whim.

I found a beautiful snakeskin inside a barn on my farm. The skin is from a black rat snake (Pantherophis alleghaniensis), a local non-venomous species of snake in my area.

I decided I would try to press the snakeskin pattern onto some silver. The snakeskin pressed beautifully onto the sterling silver sheet metal. If you look closely, you can even seen the keel of the scale in the pattern.
Once the pattern had been transferred, I darkened the silver, cut out my designs, and added these stunning turquoise nuggets.

These earrings measure 2.5 inches long by 0.5 inches at the widest point.



from Etsy Shop for ElunaJewelry https://ift.tt/XdwEKyS
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and questions are welcome. Spammers will be deleted and banned from this site.