Friday, November 21, 2014

Planning out Juried Photo Submission

I have been listening to Bruce Baker's CD entitled "Your Slides and the Jury". I want to apply to more competitive shows in the future, so I figured I needed to up my game with my Jury slides.

After listening to the CD last night, I had the idea of creating a test layout for my submissions. 

I know that a couple of shows I plan to apply to this year will require 3 product photos and 1 booth photo. I do not know how those photos are shown to the jury, but I have taken the time to email the promoter and ask.  In the meantime, I have put together these test layouts based on a 2x2 grid.

Before I show you what I am looking at, here is a mockup of the photos I have submitted in the past. The backgrounds are most distracting than I thought at the time I used them.





Which set of photos is the most appealing? And why do you prefer that set?

Photo set A



Photo set B


Photo set C



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and questions are welcome. Spammers will be deleted and banned from this site.