Thursday, February 7, 2013

Get out There

For a while I have been wondering why I feel as if I am not connecting to my customers. Don't get me wrong, I adore my customers. They are my bread and butter. But I have always felt a wall between myself and the majority of those I do business with.


I always try to maintain a level of professionalism with my business. But I am wondering if trying to be professional all the time may be coming off in the wrong way. I wonder if people may find me more personable if I blurred the line a bit.

So today I thought I would blur the line a little. I want to introduce you to myself and my family.

This is me! My name is April.

I am a wife, a mother, a chemist, and a jewelry designer. Like many people I have a forty hour a week job. And when I get home, I have a rambuctious four year old vying for my attention. I will admit I would not change that for anything in the world.  My son is the center of my world, but don't tell him that {he already thinks he should be in control of everything :)}


This is my husband. Mike.

He is my rock. He is the person that encouraged me to begin creating jewelry and to try my hand at creating a business.  He helps me at shows, and is very good with selling my work at shows. He jokes a lot that he is cheap labor and transportation. But he is so much more. He is my support and sometimes I think my biggest fan.

When he is not working, he enjoys playing guitar, and video games.



And finally my pride and joy!. This is my son CJ.

CJ loves Cars and Monster Jam. He is a sweet child, always wanting to make people smile. He is a ham too! He loves making silly faces just to hear you giggle. Like Mike, CJ is also a big supporter of my jewelry. With each new piece I make he makes sure to tell me how pretty he thinks it is.

I am glad you stopped by to meet my family. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.  :)




1 comment:

  1. It's good to open up a bit. I feel a big connection with my customers. I like them to know what I am working on how I am feeling good and bad my inspiration my downfalls. Some may seem I am too close to them, but I don't really look at them as just customers or fans. I look at them as everyday people like me with the same interests as friends. It's good to let people know the artist behind the work. I am glad you have your husband supporting you!

    I haven't had the best of luck at craft shows. Haven't nailed the pin yet. Not good at selling do you have any advice?

    ReplyDelete

Comments and questions are welcome. Spammers will be deleted and banned from this site.