Monday, February 25, 2013

Weekend Projects - Emerald

For the past few weeks I have been working on creating an emerald necklace. I have quite a few rough emeralds laying around my studio, just waiting to be cut and polished.

Well I finally got time to do just that with a couple of pieces. I had two emeralds that I cut an polished, along with a few other stones.

Once the stones were finished, I set out to create a sterling silver setting for each stone that I had polished. I have only finished one of the necklaces so far; the emerald.

I thought I would share it with all you lovely people!

This stone was left in matrix. The green is emerald while the black is biotite mica schist. Biotite mica schist is a common mineral that is found with emeralds in the matrix. 

Hope you all enjoyed this. 

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and questions are welcome. Spammers will be deleted and banned from this site.